Privacy Notice StatementWhen you register as a client and you work with Creative Purrsuits, we require certain personal information from you. This Statement explains the purposes and use of your personal information and of the information collected on visits to our web site.
Only information needed for your project will be requested.
Collection and use of personal information is in accordance with
the federal Privacy Act. In some cases, information may be
disclosed without your consent for purposes not outlined in this
Statement pursuant to subsection 8(2) of the Privacy Act.
We would fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying anyone who might attempt to use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful.
We gather information for the following purpose(s):
- Your name and email address is collected when you subscribe to our newsletter. We send out an email newsletter once per month and may (infrequently) send notices to our mailing list of Creative Purrsuits' specials and announcements.
- Your full contact information is required when you enter into
an agreement for services with Creative Purrsuits. This would
include your name, address, phone number, fax, email and certain
financial information to facilitate payment for services. We
offer secure payment processing through Pay Pal and your credit
card information is handled through the Pay pal secure servers
with the safeguards they have in place.
We do not see your credit information when you pay through PayPal.
- Information volunteered by site visitors, for subscriptions, surveys and information request forms. If you sign up for inclusion in any mailing list that might be offered (either postal or email), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from this list at any time via email.
- In some instances, we may ask you if we can share certain information with an associate. If your project involves work that Creative Purrsuits does not provide, we have a network of trusted associates to whom we refer work or who work for us under contract. Examples might be: graphic designers, web designers or programmers. We would discuss your needs with an associate only if you give your permission.
- Any information you share in our private client area is not accessible online to the general public. We sometimes use comments from the forum in our marketing materials. We usually just use brief quotes, with the initials of the originator, but will not identify you by name unless you give us permission.
- Should someone reading the marketing quotes ask for your contact information, we do not provide that; rather, we would contact you ourselves via email and give you the contact info and a copy of the request from the reader. It would be up to you if you wanted any further contact with that party.
- Email addresses of those who communicate by email. The server does not collect your email address unless you specifically provide it, or communicate to us via email. Your email address will only be used to respond to your inquiries or provide specific information regarding any purchase transactions currently underway. The email addresses of those who access this site and provide them are not made available to any other people or organizations.
- When posting to one of our private group forums, any information you share is readable by the rest of the group. Creative Purrsuits can not control the actions of the group members outside of the forum. All efforts are made to be sure the forum users are aware of our forum standards and rules but it will be up to the people posting to take care with what private info they choose to share.
- This web site uses "session cookies" to track how our visitors use the site. These cookies reside on the Web browser and have no expiry date. They expire as soon as the visitor closes the Web browser. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency.
- Example: The frequency that specific pages are viewed, and which operating systems and Web browsers visitors are using can be determined from the server log files. This information is in aggregate form (for example, 57% of our visitors use a Microsoft browser). This information is generally used for internal review and then discarded. We do not collect personal information with cookies nor do we track your movements on the web other than what is included in our server logs as to where you came from ie: Google search page.
- The Privacy Act states that you have the right to access your personal information and request changes to incorrect information. Please use the email address on our Contact page should you wish to notify us about incorrect information.
For more information on privacy issues and the Canadian
Privacy Act in general, and about your right to access, see the
full act on the InfoSource
web site. Or call the office of Canada's Privacy Commissioner
at 1 (800) 282-1376.
Back to top